Sunday, February 8, 2009

It Begins – First Race – January 29th

In Over My Head made his first lifetime start under new ownership (Greg and I) tonight. I was unable to watch the race as I was lucky enough to be in Phoenix for a work function and got the results from Danny. When he called, I was pretty nervous, but really wasn’t expecting too much. I really was just hoping he didn’t make a break and that he showed enough to merit putting him in the Junior Trendsetter. The result wasn’t shockingly good, but very strong. He took 5th. That may not sound like much, but considering he was coming out of the 10 hole and was a little short (meaning he wasn’t in his sharpest form due to a couple of weeks off). Also, he brushed to the front with ease, showing some speed and despite being pretty tired, he dug in tough in the stretch. Nice first race. We were all pretty excited with his performance…and by the fact he didn’t make a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Overview

Many people have asked me what it's like to own a racehorse. This blog is a play by play of one horse in particular. A three year old colt named In Over My Head that I own with my uncle...and although he doesn't have any dollars invested, my cousin is about as emotionally invested as humanly possible. It could end up being a story of success or failure, but if he's like all the others I've owned, it will no doubt be a roller coaster ride.