We’ve already told that story. As a matter of fact, if you’d like to read
about it, here’s the link:
http://inovermyheadracehorse.blogspot.com/2012/06/very-special-night.html
We are ready to move forward. We are ready for new content. If Mo’s training is any indication, we are
going to get that opportunity. He is
still about a month (or a bit more) away from getting a chance to qualify, but
at this point all systems are go. Even
as his training miles begin to quicken, his leg is holding up extremely
well. No signs of any discomfort. He is loving every step.
If we continue along this path, it won’t be long until we
can write about more races. Stories of
competition, redemption and hopefully winning.
Last weekend was Danny’s bachelor party and we spent a decent amount of
time talking horses with the group. Someone
said that I should turn this blog into a book.
I told him that I can’t do that.
When he asked why, I said because the story isn’t over yet. I just know we have another act to this
play. I’m not going to predict what it entails
or how it ends, but there is more…and it involves racing. And we are close.
As I’ve said before, Mo won’t let me say too much about the
youngster in the stable (it’s reasonable to give Mo some say since he basically
bought the horse with his earnings from last year). We planned to do a little feature story and
when I sent the draft to Mo, here is what he emailed back to me.
“Nice story, but so what.
He’s training well. Good for
him. Wait until he proves it on the
track. By the way, who do you like, the
Spurs or the Heat?”
The Spurs and I get the message Mo. It is pretty common for old veterans to not
want to ‘crown’ anyone until they actually deserve it. Heck, even Denny Green gets upset about
crowning people prematurely:
(sorry, I couldn’t resist…this is an all-time favorite):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w
With that, we will adhere to the following blog rules until
further notice:
1.
Look forward, not backward
2.
No crowning of anyone
3.
Verify all stories with Mo before going to print
4.
Absolutely, positively, no talking about the playoffs
We don’t want Mo having to give one of these types of press
conferences:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE
I can feel the excitement brewing. It is so close to being within reach. Stay tuned.
For the record, In Over My Head likes the Spurs too.
Let’s Go Mo!
No comments:
Post a Comment