We seem to have quite the little racing team forming here.
Last week, we asked for another good week and guess what we
got. An even better one!
In Over My head went out and put up a mile in 2.04 with a 30
second last quarter to kick off the week.
Came off the track perfect and is ready to step right into a qualifier
this Thursday (tomorrow).
Don’t Tell Wayne followed that up with his first lifetime
win in only his second start. I enjoyed
watching that one on my phone in the backseat of my buddy’s car while cruising
down the Interstate in Houston. That was
a first. The best comment from driver
Casey Leonard after the race was that coming into the stretch Don’t Tell Wayne
wasn’t going to let the other two horses near the front beat him. Gotta love a horse with a good racing
attitude. Sounds like someone else we
know…
Much like last week we have some very positive tangible
results, but we don’t want to get too carried away. Mo put in a very nice training mile, but it
was still just a training mile. Lil
Wayne posted his first win (made even more impressive as it was against all 3
year olds), but he did it in 1.59.1.
While we think he as more in the tank (quite a bit more) we need to keep
expectations under control for our little racing team.
We are extremely thankful that the Franchise (Mo) and the
Rookie (Lil Wayne) are both racing. So
thankful that when we got together for dinner last weekend, we sat down and
said a special prayer. I thought it
would be a good idea to share it with the blog readers since I think it does a
great job summarizing how we are feeling right now:
Shake n Bake baby!
After watching that I think we need to get Mo some sponsors.
In other news, we hit a nice milestone on the blog sometime
in the past week. We are now over 8,000
views from over a dozen countries. I
hope you are enjoying the story. I also
hope that you enjoy what’s to come. I have
a feeling we have a nice little run ahead of us.
Let’s Go Mo!
No comments:
Post a Comment