Everyone tends to take time off over the holidays and while we have all been at work for the past couple weeks, I’ve decided to take a little extended vacation from the In Over My Head blog. The primary reason was that Mo himself is on break, so we didn’t have a whole lot to talk about. One idea I had was to get another interview with Mo (a feature in this blog that has been rather popular). In the past, local newspaper reports have done the interviewing, but I thought that I’d go ahead and interview Mo myself for once. So I bought a ticket to O’Hare and headed out to Harvard, IL…but Mo wasn’t there.
My plan had been perfect. I was going to go up when the Leonard family was on vacation skiing out West and thought that Mo would just be bored. However, I got talking to the other horses and it turns out that Mo had somehow snuck out of his stall (he never reveals his secrets) and hitchhiked his way down to St. Louis to hang out with the Budweiser Clydesdales. Just my luck, I thought.
On the way back to Atlanta, I sent Mo a text message and asked about his trip. He said something about connecting to the Clydesdales on some horse version of Linkedin, they became friends and he went down to see them. When I asked how it was to hang around such huge horses, he said they “made me feel small…but also made me feel fast.” Sounds about right.
We will attempt to facilitate a Mo interview for the next blog entry, which will be good timing because we are actually only about 3 weeks away from racing. The plan is to have him ready to go in early February. Assuming that Illinois starts racing again (the goings on of the Illinois legislature are harder to handicap than a 10 mile rabbit race) that’s where he will be. If for some reason they don’t race, we’ll have to decide what to do next. One step at a time.
Until then…let’s to Mo!
No comments:
Post a Comment